Practice creates great results.
Your own espresso decent espresso grinder is essential if you want to get the best result, so you can grind fresh for every espresso and adjust grind size. We also recommend using filtered water as this will increase longevity of your machine and you will get the most flavors out of your min two weeks old espresso beans.
QUANTITY 19-20g coffee
BREW WEIGHT 38 45 g
EXTRACTION TIME. 27-30 seconds
GRIND fine - adjust to brew time
FILTER BASKET. 18 g or 20 g VST Basket
WATER TEMPERATURE 92°-95°C
WATER PRESSURE. 7-9 bars
WATER QUALITY < 50 ppm CaCO3
1. Use a scale to measure your dose of coffee and brewed liquid.
2. Distribute the coffee evenly with your finger or tool to ensure the bed of coffee is flat.
3. Tamp down the bed of coffee with 10-15 kg of pressure. Be sure to tamp level. This is more important than the pressure. You can use a palm tamper/leveler.
4. Adjust your grind size to have the full beverage weight in approximately 27- 30 seconds. Extraction time is controlled by the grind setting. As you grind finer, you increase extraction time.
5. For a more balanced cup, we like to give the espresso a quick stir to mix the layers before drinking. Enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE